Thursday 15th to Friday 16th February 2024
2 Day EVENT | 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Do you feel burdened by the number of judgments you have to write? Are your judgments and rulings getting longer and more complex?
Learn how to step off the judicial writing treadmill – and liberate time to focus on other aspects of the judicial role.
In this 2-day experiential workshop, you will learn from judge-educators and eminent writers to hone your judgment writing techniques to become more efficient and effective. Participants will develop a range of effective ways to write tightly structured, precise and accessible decisions that use language that is clear for your intended readers.
- write clearly, concisely, and efficiently
- utilise narrative structure and voice effectively
- apply frameworks for writing and structuring judgments.
The Hon. Kim Hargrave, Supreme Court of Victoria, will lead the faculty, which includes:
- Justice Maree Kennedy, Supreme Court of Victoria
- Justice Kristen Walker, Supreme Court of Victoria
- Justice Cameron Macaulay, Supreme Court of Victoria
- Justice Paul Cosgrave, Supreme Court of Victoria
- Judge Fiona Todd, County Court of Victoria
Note: This event is open to Supreme and County Court judges only and will be held again in August 2024 for judicial officers from all jurisdictions. Details for the August event are available here.