The Judicial College of Victoria provides education for judges, magistrates and VCAT members. We keep judicial officers abreast of developments in the law and social issues, and help them build and maintain the skills they need to perform their roles with rigour.
Maintaining the community’s confidence in judicial officers is essential to the rule of law. Judicial education and ongoing professional development are powerful agents to support and reinforce cultural change within the justice system.
- Search Warrants Manual - (Updated 12/02/2012)
- Victorian Criminal Proceedings Manual - (Updated 16/05/2013)
- Victorian Criminal Charge Book - (Updated 23/04/2013)
- Victorian Sentencing Manual - (Updated 20/05/2013)
- Sexual Assault Manual: Investigation, Prosecution and Sentencing in Victoria - (Updated 22/04/2013)
- Uniform Evidence Manual - (Updated 21/01/2013)
- Civil Procedure Bench Book - (Updated 10/05/2012)
- Family Violence Resources - (Updated 07/05/2013)
- Personal Safety Intervention Orders Resources - (Updated 02/09/2011)
- Cancellation of parole, current sentencing practices & more20/05/2013
- Updated to reflect the latest cases16/05/2013
- Social Context Chapter Updated07/05/2013
- Forensic Disadvantage materials updated23/04/2013