The Guide to the Guardianship and Administration Act 2019 (Vic) is intended to help you understand the changes to the law relating to guardianship and administration, ahead of the Act's commencement on 1 March 2020.
The Guide explains the operation of the Act and incorporates relevant principles and discussion, including coverage of:
- The principles that VCAT members and decision-makers must consider in their roles, including both general principles and decision-making principles
- The Act’s new approach to capacity that harmonises with capacity definitions in similar Victorian legislation
- Notice requirements for hearing and the new tests for granting orders
- The new supportive guardians and supportive administrators regime
- The new compensation process and offences by decision-makers