Led by a cross-jurisdictional steering committee, this full-day skills-based workshop covers:
- Lived experience of self-represented litigants
- Verbal and non-verbal communication techniques
- Engaging with litigants from diverse backgrounds
- Identifying when capacity may be in doubt
- Practical guidance on setting and enforcing boundaries
- The limits of procedural fairness
This program provides a refresher on practical communication skills to enhance engagement with self-represented litigants from different backgrounds and experiences, boundary setting and the limits of procedural fairness.
While this program is designed for judicial officers, the learning outcomes may be appropriate for some non-judicial roles. Please contact us to express your interest.