Led by a cross-jurisdictional steering committee, this full-day skills-based workshop covers:
- Lived experience of self-represented litigants
- Verbal and non-verbal communication techniques
- Engaging with litigants from diverse backgrounds
- Identifying when capacity may be in doubt
- Practical guidance on setting and enforcing boundaries
- The limits of procedural fairness
This program provides a refresher on practical communication skills to enhance engagement with self-represented litigants from different backgrounds and experiences, boundary setting and the limits of procedural fairness.
Please note that this program is open to all jurisdictions.