Would you be able to recognise coercive control in your courtroom? And do you understand counter-intuitive behaviour?
These and other questions will be covered by experts working in family violence to help you better understand the dynamics in the matters before you.
Facilitated by Abbey Newman, specialised Family Violence advisor, this interactive online program will cover:
- What coercive control means
- How to assess risk (looking at the Family Violence Multi-Agency Risk Assessment and Management Framework - MARAM)
- How to communicate with perpetrators using violence
- How to communicate with victims
- Judicial reflections on court craft techniques
This program is open to all Victorian judicial officers and is particularly targeted at recent appointees.