Explore the social context of family violence and develop skills to identify and respond to family violence in the court or tribunal room.
Our two-day foundational family violence program covers:
- Assessing risk and prioritising safety in the courtroom
- Communicating with people who use violence
- Perpetrator interventions that work
- Understanding trauma and its impact on victims
- Institutional and cultural practices that entrench family violence
- Family violence in Aboriginal communities
- Individuals at high risk of family violence
- Vicarious trauma and looking after yourself on the bench
While this program is designed for judicial officers, the learning outcomes may be appropriate for some non-judicial roles. Please contact us to express your interest.