Explore the social context of family violence and develop skills to identify and respond to family violence in the court or tribunal room.
Our two-day foundational family violence program covers:
- Assessing risk and prioritising safety in the courtroom
- Communicating with people who use violence
- Perpetrator interventions that work
- Understanding trauma and its impact on victims
- Institutional and cultural practices that entrench family violence
- Family violence in Aboriginal communities
- Individuals at high risk of family violence
- Vicarious trauma and looking after yourself on the bench
Please note that this program is open to all jurisdictions.