Building on learnings from Day 1, we will explore:
- What intersectionality is and how to use it as a framework
- The unique and complex ways in which family violence impacts diverse communities
- How to respond with inclusion and equity when working in the Specialist Family Violence Court
Engaging in practical exercises to create a shared understanding of roles and responsibilities, the multidisciplinary team will develop the skills required to provide a specialised, collaborative and problem-solving response to family violence.
The roll out of the Specialist Family Violence Court (SFVC) Division, following recommendations by the Royal Commission into Family Violence, is the centrepiece of the family violence court response in Victoria.
From September 2019, SFVCs will commence operation at five headquarter Magistrates' Courts:
- Shepparton (September 2019)
- Ballarat (October 2019)
- Moorabbin (February 2020)
- Heidelberg (June 2020)
- Frankston (June 2020)
We support the development of these specialist courts through a three part training program for the multi-disciplinary teams.