Tuesday 14th to Tuesday 28th November 2023
2 Day EVENT | 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Want to learn how to encourage behaviour change – rather than direct it? And reinforce a person’s desire and capacity for change?
The skill of motivational interviewing is vital to all judicial monitoring hearings.
In this interactive program, you will explore the skills used by judicial officers to encourage change in individuals and promote positive behaviours.
You will also cover:
- the theory and core skills of motivational interviewing
- how to work with the behaviour change process
- how to work with resistance
- methods to identify, elicit and reinforce a person’s desire and capacity for change
- how to provide effective feedback.
This 2-day event is relevant to judicial officers sitting in crime and in specialist courts.
Day 2 takes place on the 28th November. You will be automatically registered for both days upon registration.