1 December 2009
On 17 December we republished a substantially revised edition of the Charge Book. The revisions were settled on 1 December 2009 and included:
- A major restructure of our evidence topics.
- 7 new or substantially revised topics:
- 4.3 - Character Evidence
- 4.9 – Delayed Complaint (Effect on Credit, Forensic Disadvantage, Unreliable Memory)
- 4.12 – Identification Evidence
- 4.13 – Opinion Evidence
- 4.14 – Previous Representations (Unreliability of Hearsay, Prior Statements, Complaint Evidence)
- 4.16 - Tendency, Coincidence, Relationship and Context Evidence
- 4.18 – Unreliable Evidence (General Principles, Criminally Concerned Witnesses, Prison Informers, Unreliable Witnesses at Common Law)
A number of these topics were published subject to further editorial committee review in 2010.